Sunday, February 27, 2005

February 27, 2005

Bindings
by: EJ

I'm just staring off into nothingness,
All I can see is never-ending grassy fields,
I watch the different shaped clouds,
Wishing they were tangible,
Wishing I was part of that beautiful blue sky,
The sun shines through this window,
Keeping me warm,
Oh how I wish I were free,
Just like a bird,
Able to fly away from everything,
I imagine words couldn't explain the bliss,
But I sit here bound in this car,
Just like the animals are bound within their fences,
I know how they feel,
Forever trapped in a space until their eventual death,
This car is only a temporary restraint,
My country says I'm free,
I am not,
My life is bound by laws and regulations,
And with these I can never truely be me,
Live how I want to live,
Oh how I wish I could be a bird and be free,
Free to fly away from anyone's restraints.


No comments: