Wednesday, September 28, 2005

September 28, 2005

Recently
by: EJ

Why is it that for 19 years,
I never knew the truth,
They let me hate my father,
When I should have been hating her,
She fucked our family over,
Yet I didn't know till recently,
They never explained it to me,
Just left it as she filed for divorce,
And filed for bankruptcy,
Leaving my father screwed over for decades,
But I still didn't know till recently,
How fucked up it all really was,
She'd been having a long-term affair,
Thats why they really divorced,
I sometimes wonder if my dad is really my biological father,
Afterall I look nothing like him,
But testing that theory would kill him,
So I leave those questions alone in my head,
I wasted so much of my energy being mad at him,
I can't bring myself to hate her for it,
I hate what she did but I forgive her,
But I hate myself though,
Cause all along I treated him like he was unworthy of my love,
I hope he can understand and forgive me,
Cause I didn't know the truth till recently.

No comments: