Monday, July 16, 2007

July 16, 2007

Limerence 
by: EJ

Here in this strange place,
Trying to being again,
Struggling to find a foothold,
Hopes of tomorrow,
End with today,
No more thoughts of yesterday,
No more ideas of her and I,
I hoped of finding clarity,
But my vision was only blurred,
The timing isn't right,
It never has been and never will be,
Is it my procrastination,
In the form of limerence,
The lust-love of the unattainable,
Denial of reality,
In hopes of a future love,
Easily dismissing my goals in life,
For the touch of another,
But it was her touch,
Her face next to mine,
Only a momentary thing,
She's back with her comfortable other,
Familiarity is easier,
When faced with the unknown,
Scary isn't necessarily always a bad thing,
Losing out on a magnificent thing,
Is what I'd be afraid of,
So I try and fail.

No comments: