September 9, 2007
To Who I Was
by: EJ
The drive home gets longer and drawn out,
I know what to expect there,
Knowing where I'm not wanted,
I drive the roads here,
The same roads,
The same car,
That she spent so much time coming here,
To cheat on me,
Ironic how this is my home now,
I get lost on so many streets,
I see endless possibilities,
Knowing I can heal here,
Pushing me to never go back,
Back to the me that I hated,
To the person I became,
The side she brought out in me,
The person I never want to see again,
Some just don't understand,
Going back would be a death sentence,
To drown in my own misery,
To suffocate on the bitter air around me,
If you knew who I once was,
You don't know who I am now,
And you'll never know me ever again.
No comments:
Post a Comment