March 20, 2005
Disabling Firewalls
by: EJ
I keep searching for a meaning in my life,
A purpose that I can grasp,
One thing that remains constant,
Is the face that I'm always looking for love,
That true everlasting kind of love,
When I think I've found it,
I'm always disappointed,
When it truely exists in front of me,
I deny it,
And let my insecurities of myself take over,
I self-destruct,
And ruin the whole thing,
Before it ever has a chance to develop,
I'm scared out of my mind right now,
I fear being alone for the rest of my life,
Currently I think I'm having a existential crisis,
I invent problematic situations,
That never existed in the first place,
Why do I always prevent things from occurring,
I suppose I'm afraid of getting hurt,
So before anyone has the chance,
I break things off,
Thus, becoming the heartbreaker that I am,
Ironically I've set up a firewall,
Against relationships that might have any real emotional ties to them,
I set it up,
So why can't I tear it down,
Maybe I need someone to be my virus,
And tear down all these walls of fear,
Strip me down to my bare soul,
Infect every ounce of me,
Making it where I can't live without them,
Wouldn't that be a dream come true,
Oh how I wish with all my heart,
That person would come along someday,
Someday soon,
And disable my firewalls.
No comments:
Post a Comment